Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Catch up part 3: Conventions

Hi there everyone!

So one of the things that has been taking up a lot of my time is cosplay! I've loved manga and anime since I was in elementary school and the love never seemed to go away. As I got older and cosplay became a more widely known art form, I decided to take a whack at it. I bought my first costume about four years ago and have purchased a couple more over the years, but last summer I bought a sewing machine and decided to make all of my costumes! It's been a learning process and there's still a lot I don't know, but I've been having a great time and that's what's important to me. I'm also lucky that some of my really close friends like to cosplay; they've been helpful resources for information and great shoulders to cry on when my sewing machine breaks the night before a convention.

Anywho, here are some shots from the conventions I went to this year. Warning! This is going to be a LOOOONG post as I have a lot of photos.

First, we went to WonderCon. I went as the Scarlet Witch and my roommate Heather went as Black Widow.




We got really excited when we met other cosplayers who were dressed as characters who were related to ours!




We also saw some really great cosplayers!









Our next convention was Pop Stuff Expo! It was their first year so it was small but we had a good time! I went as Sakura from The Tsubasa Chronicles and Heather went as the female Titan from Attack on Titan. A photographer who goes by York in a Box took some awesome photos of us!






We went to Big Wow for just a bit but I got my photo taken by Eurobeat Kasumi (which is pretty exciting for me!)



And finally, we went to the grand-daddy of all conventions in Northern California, FANIME! Fanime was my first convention and I've gone every year for four years!!

The first night we walked around in our kigurumis...

...and got yummy sushi!

This is my roommate Heather and my friend Liz as Black Widow and Black Canary.

My best friend Kara and I getting ready for the day!


Kara and I played chess as Scarlet Witch and Ms. Marvel!

Wanda and Carol using the Purikura Machine

Heather and I as female Titan and Femme Zoro from OnePiece.


Another night out in our kigus :)

Us right before the Black & White Ball.

The last day Kara and I went as Jaeger pilots from the movie Pacific Rim.

The doughnut place near the convention center was selling doughnuts pops that looked like Pokemon!


Kara, who also goes by Princess Marly, took some awesome photos of my cosplays.

Sakura from Tsubasa Chronicles


Ms. Marvel and Scarlet Witch from the Marvel Universe




Femme Zoro from One Piece

Lust from Full Metal Alchemist Brotherhood

Gipsy Danger and Striker Eureka pilots from Pacific Rim




Our group of cosplay friends go by The Kigu Krew. Here's a group shot!



If you're interested in looking at our cosplay pages, here they are! Starting with the top row on the left:
Brozerker Cosplay
Zero Cute Cosplay
Minx Cosplay
Princess Marly Cosplay
Calamity Caller Cosplay

Bisous mes cheris***

P.S. Here's a picture of my first cosplay!

Tohru Honda from Fruits Basket



No comments:

Post a Comment